• Associate Professor at the University of Catania since Dec.1, 2012.
• Qualified as Full Professor in the Italian National Habilitation (ASN) both in 2013 and in 2017.
• Guest Professor at the University of Malardalen, Sweden, between June and December 2014.
• Chair of the Technical Committee on Factory Automation of the IEEE/Industrial Electronics Society for the 2014-2015 term, also re-elected for the 2016-2017 term.
•She is the representative of the Industrial Electronics Society in the IEEE Women in Engineering program, and the Chair of the First and the Second IES Women in Engineering Forum (Beijng 2017 and Washington DC, 2018 respectively).
•Master Degree in Electronic Engineering at the University of Catania, 1994, final mark 110/110.
•PhD in Computer Engineering at the University of Catania in 1998, with a dissertation entitled “Open Issues in Time-Critical Distributed Systems for Process Control”.
•Member of the Faculty Board of the PhD Program in Computer Engineering at the University of Catania, Prof. Lo Bello supervised several PhD students. She was also co-supervisor of one PhD student of the School of Computer Science and Engineering, Seoul National University, South Korea.
•Supervisor of more than 100 Master Degree Theses (research theses,) in Computer Engineering and Electronic Engineering at the University of Catania, and in Telematic Engineering and at the Kore University of Enna, respectively. Several theses were in collaboration with companies or industries (e.g. STM).
• Leader of a research group on Real-Time Systems and Networks at the University of Catania, involving several PhD Students and collaborators also from foreign universities.
•Associate Editor of several distinguished peer-reviewed international journals. Guest Editor for Special Sections.
•Prof. Lo Bello was the recipient of The IEEE Industrial Electronics Society 2008 Early Career Award.
•In July 2009, upon nomination, Prof. Lo Bello was elevated to the grade of Senior Member in the IEEE.
• General Chair of IEEE ETFA'18 ECRTS 04, Program Co-Chair of IEEE ICPS'18, IEEE IECON'16, IEEE WFCS'16 IEEE ETFA'05, IEEE ETFA'08, HSI'09, SOCNE 2011-2017, WIP Co-Chair of IEEE ETFA 06, IEEE ETFA'09, IEEE SIES’07, Track Chair for IEEE ETFA’12, IEEE ETFA’11, IEEE ETFA’10.
•Reviewer for several recognized international journals. Serving on the Program Committees for several distinguished international conferences in the areas of real-time systems (IEEE RTSS, ECRTS, IEEE RTAS, IEEE RTCSA, RTN, RTNS) and factory communication (IEEE ETFA, IEEE WFCS, IEEE SIES, IEEE IECON, IEEE ISIE, IEEE ICIT).
• Regular Participation to Examination Boards for Ph.D. theses defence at foreign universities. Guest lectures at foreign universities and Invited speeches.
•Keynote speaker at the International Workshop on Real-Time Networks, RTN'17, Dubrovnik,Croatia, June 27, 2017. The title of the talk was “Advances in Time-Sensitive Networking”.
•Invited speaker at the Automotive Bus System Ethernet conference in Düsseldorf, Germany,
Nov.23-24 2015, giving a speech entitled: “IEEE Audio Video Bridging for automotive applications:
Support to scheduled traffic and simulative assessments”.
•Keynote speaker at the International Workshop on Real-Time Networks, RTN'11, Porto,
Portugal, July 2011. The title of the talk was "The Case for Ethernet in Automotive Communications".